Dial a Guru is a series of personal and business self-help books written by a wide range of professionals who are passionate about sharing their expertise.
These books have been written for the benefit of the proactive reader. They help readers move from where they are now to where they want to be; living happier, healthier and wealthier lives!
Foreword by Anne Jirsch
Stop for a moment and imagine yourself in ten years’ time; imagine that nothing much has changed in your personal, professional or business life.
How does that make you feel?
When we do this exercise in my workshops, people usually feel depressed at the idea. I can actually see the horror registering on their faces as they consider the implications of not making any progress at home, or in the workplace.
Yet that’s the reality for most of us as we trundle through life day in day out without making the proactive changes needed to actually create the future we want. That’s why so few talented people actually fulfil their full potential. Of course we’ve usually fabricated a good reason for our short comings, mostly though we blame the world for not giving us our lucky break. In reality we know the true reason lies deep within us.
We hold ourselves back for a myriad of reasons. Maybe we need a boost of confidence; perhaps we are tired and simply do not have the energy to make changes. Possibly we are lacking the knowledge or skills to progress. Or we may simply not know what is holding us back; we just know intuitively that life could be so much better than it currently is.
That’s why we need useful books like this that are co-authored by a team of writers who have the expertise to offer a wide range of assistance to a wide range of issues. Writers whose guidance is backed up with tried and tested exercises and insightful questions. All of which have been designed to help us identify what is holding us back, and how we can overcome our issues. After that, it’s up to each and every one of us to choose when we’re ready to break free of self-sabotaging thoughts and behaviours.
Sounds simple doesn’t it, but the reality is we know it’s not. That’s why step by step you will be taken on a journey of self-discovery: from confidence building to becoming fitter and healthier; from dealing with toxic relationships to breaking through the barriers of creating positive change and creating your own definition of the good life.
As you read through each of the eight sections in this series you will find some topics will ring truer for you than others. They are the ones you’ll want to pay more attention to; they are the areas that are holding you back from being all you are capable of being.
I suggest you do not just skim through this book, but instead carefully focus and work your way through it. If any of what you read makes you angry or upset that could be another sign to stop right there and have a good think about why that is. Be honest with yourself as you do this, always making sure you deal with the issues that come up as they arise.
This is where the accompanying workbook proves invaluable. It encourages you to record where you are now with where you’d ideally like to be in ten years’ time. Additionally, what has to change to ensure you achieve the future you desire.
By the time you’ve worked your way through this series you will have cleared the way to making real progress in your life, by which time you’ll deserve a well-earned pat on the back.
Good luck and here’s to enjoying the road ahead one step at a time.
- Creating Complete Confidence by Cathy Radcliffe “
- Self-confidence and a belief in yourself is a must. To instil confidence in others, you first must have confidence in yourself”. – Byron & Catherine Pulsifer
- Releasing Your Future by Barbara J. Cormack
- “If you think you can do a thing, or think you can’t do a thing, you are right.” – Henry Ford (1863 – 1947)
- Powerful Public Speaking by Tina Sibley
- “If you want to be a great speaker, you can. It is the most important skill that anybody with responsibility over others should master, and like all skills, it can be learnt”. – Richard Denny
- Be Healthy, Fit and In Flow by Susan Hay
- “Until you can listen wholeheartedly to your own body and what it’s telling you, don’t even begin to listen to the myriad of marketing messages our food industry presents”. – Susan Hay
- Escaping from Toxic Relationships by Tomasz Nedzi
- “Once you learn to be happy, you won’t tolerate being around people who make you feel anything less”.
- Reflexology for Health by Danielle Lindsay
- “If you’re feeling out of kilter, don’t know why, or what about, let your feet reveal the answer, find the sore spot and work it out”. – Eunice Ingham
- Breaking the Change Barrier by Jennifer Rahman
- “To exist is to change; to change is to mature; to mature is to create oneself endlessly”. – Henri Bergson
- 7 Keys to Vitality by Dawn A Campbell
- “Self-care is never a selfish act – it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer others. Anytime we listen to true self and give the care it requires, we do it not only for ourselves, but for the many others whose lives we touch.” – Parker J. Palmer
Available to buy mid Aug.
- Dial A Guru 2 – Get Out of Your Own Way (Kindle Version)
- Dial A Guru 2 – Get Out of Your Own Way (Print and PDF Print Version
Many Dial A Guru authors are also sought after coaches, holistic practitioners, therapists and trainers, they also believe in the magic of books. As authors they’ve already contributed to a Dial A Guru trilogy of personal, professional and business based self-development books:
Series 1 Awaken Your True Potential and
Series 2 Get Out of Your Own Way! and
Series 3 Heal Your Life and Thrive! (awaiting publication date).
Each series also has an accompanying PDF workbook (not a stand alone product), packed with insightful questions, challenging exercises, inspiration quotes, case studies and stories for self-discovery.
Gift voucher available for all three books.
All early bird orders for the print copy of this series will receive the accompanying PDF workbook free – just register your order here. Or, buy someone special this voucher.
For more Information about the benefits of becoming a future co-author see:
- Why having a published book is the new business card
- Pros and cons of being a co-author
- Pros and cons of writing solo
- Co-author invitation